Senior Citrix Engineer (Remote)
Position reports to the Senior Director of Partner Services and Operations. The Senior Citrix Engineer will be responsible for leading all efforts pertaining to the design, deployment, management, and support of the Citrix environments at Steward Health Care System. This includes Citrix XenApp applications as well as a robust and continually evolving set of Citrix hosted solutions used to run critical 24/7 clinical systems on a variety of computing devices.
Extensive experience designing, implementing, managing, and optimizing Citrix and related infrastructure is critical to the success of this role. Expert knowledge of XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, VMWare (or HyperV/XenServer), Windows/Citrix Profile Management, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016 R2, PowerShell, Active Directory, Application Virtualization, Application remedies and Group Policy are required. The Senior Citrix Engineer will also work with IT teams, project managers, IT architects, vendors, and business leaders to design and architect hosted computing solutions to meet demanding clinical workflows in diverse hospital environments. This role requires excellent communication and troubleshooting skills as it will be required to collaborate with IT teams, application analysts, Vendors, clinical and business staff to help resolve problems and issues that may arise. The Senior Citrix Engineer will also help provide guidance, and an escalation path for junior Citrix Engineers.
The Senior Citrix Engineer will be responsible for providing end users with highest level customer support and will help foster a culture of excellent customer support with junior team members. The Senior Citrix engineer will be responsible for reporting to leadership information that is necessary to ensure the technical goals and objectives of the IS Department are met. Responsibilities also include identifying and developing best practice opportunities and developing standardization across the enterprise for efficiency and cost savings. This individual will also assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
- Will act as primary for design, deployment, maintenance and support efforts of the Steward Healthcare enterprise Citrix environment.
- Will offer guidance and mentorship to junior Citrix Engineers.
- Will help design and implement best practices and policies intended to ensure quality control.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring tools are in place and properly utilized to ensure the integrity and stability of the Enterprise Citrix environment.
- Provide as an escalation path for Citrix engineers & Analysts to help resolve technical and personnel issues
- Assist in coordinating activities of the Citrix Engineers & Analysts to ensure that goals and objectives of the IS department are met and within the prescribed time frame and budget.
- Works with other Steward I.S. support teams as appropriate for support & troubleshooting of issues pertaining to the Citrix enterprise environment.
- Continually work to standardize and document existing procedures
- Provide training and documentation to the Help Desk on resolution skills to provide first call resolution where possible
- Monitoring support tickets for timely resolution and closure, ensuring acceptance and escalation of all support calls in accordance to I.S. procedures
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Develop and monitor metrics to ensure support SLA’s are met
- Promotes and encourages staff to provide great customer service to our customers, both internal and external
- Provide escalation path for users with issues and research outstanding issues
- Participate In the development and implementation of policies and procedures to improve process and workflow for the technicians
- Proactively work to improve customer experience and departmental performance
- Promote network and system standards and ensure adherence to existing and new standards and best practices.
- Gather and prepare documentation, procedural and otherwise in regard to Citrix responsibilities
- Participation in the development, planning and execution of large Citrix and other IS projects
- Submit timely status reports to senior leadership and other project stakeholders as required.
- After hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours is required.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the technical support team.
- Conform to all departmental and enterprise standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the enterprise, including its objectives, design, strategies, departmental initiatives, staffing and the roles of key players in the organization.
- Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
- Travel to other sites required
- Perform on-call duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge designing, implementing and supporting Xenapp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services & VMWare (or HyperV/XenServer),
- Expert knowledge designing, implementing and supporting Windows/Citrix Profile Management, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016 R2, PowerShell, Active Directory, Application Virtualization, Application remedies and Group Policy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent listener to customer requests, exceptional understanding of customers business need and generally able to do what the customer “needs” rather than just what the customer “asks”.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to help lead and motivate others under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and escalate problems
- Capability to maintains a sense of urgency about his/her work
- Analyzes problems effectively and efficiently (95% accuracy) to plan and develop solutions to individual projects of major complexity.
- Capacity to advise and provide direction to junior staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
- Capable of relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats
- Able to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
- Ability to strategically plan and be proactive in approach.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
- Education: 4 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 5 years experience in a customer services focused environments, Healthcare IT is a plus.
- CCAV (Citrix Certified Associate Virtualization)
- CCPV (Citrix Certified Professional Virtualization
- Expert knowledge and expertise designing, planning, deployment and administration of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 6.5/7.x Server Farms. Experience in supporting Web Interface and StoreFront 3.x. NetScaler, Provisioning Services, Citrix Profile Management & Server Virtualization (VMware).
- Expert knowledge & experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and DHCP is required
- PowerShell scripting skills is required
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop infrastructure
- Occasional Travel is required to Steward Health Care Hospital facilities, both local and national
- Due to the security clearance necessary for this role, citizenship is required.