Senior Clinical Assistant - ED Medical ; 36hrs / 7:00pm-7:30am
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Performs all patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse and functions in the role of assistant to the nursing staff. Including: Greeting ambulances, taking and recording vital signs, performing EKG's, assisting with procedures, providing hygiene and nutrition, feed pts as needed, and making rounds on a group of assigned patients, stocking supplies, transfer of patients to med-surg units and assist with cleaning patient care equipment.
• High School Diploma, EMT-P Paramedic.
• 1-2 years experience or Clinical experience at CGSMC, a minimum one-year working of clerical experience preferably in the medical field. Computer skills required.
• IV/Phlebotomy Skills, Dysrhythmia recognition.
• Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred.
• CPR, ACLS.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Able to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
• Able to lift, transfer and move patients.