Senior Data Science Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Analytics and Data Science group is required to analyze and build models to make sense of large datasets resulting from claims, Practices (EHR), Hospitals, Care Management, ADT, and Patient Surveys. This will combine domain knowledge and programming expertise with statistical and machine learning skills to build scalable models and solutions that help drive timely and more accurate business decisions on patient engagement and patient care.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, handling data challenges from a real-world setting
- Develop quality control and pre-processing tools for a broad range of digital and clinical data types
- Iterate on, engineer key features, and build new statistical and machine learning models relating measured features to clinical endpoints
- Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly, as well as interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams
- Work cross functionally with teams to develop and productionize models for risk stratification, patient engagement and clinical care coordination for optimal care and provider performance
- Work closely with business teams, software engineers and Business Intelligence (BI) developers to deliver end user products
- Other duties as assigned based on business need
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar) or equivalent practical experience preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 Years of Experience in healthcare, analytics, or informatics
- Must have demonstrated experience working with R, Python for model development and production
- Must have demonstrated experience working with various healthcare data (EHR, medical and pharmacy claim, social determinants of health, etc.)
- Must have experience with exploratory and statistical data analysis (such as linear models, multivariate analysis, predictive modeling, and data visualization)
- Experience with the analysis of observational clinical data.
- Familiarity with medical terminologies and ontologies
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.