Senior Finance Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: This position serves as a liaison between the Finance and Medicaid teams to ensure that Medicaid ACO revenue from all sources, along with the corresponding expenses, is tracked appropriately, in compliance with state and federal law and regulations, and accounting best practices. The senior financial analyst, Medicaid coordinates the reporting, accounting, and financial activities of all Medicaid program activities, including the activities associated with grants, administrative, and performance revenues. Further, this role will work to develop and improve processes related to these activities. The senior financial analyst is responsible for delivering grant-related reporting to the state Medicaid agency, including budget and expense reports and narratives. This position develops and maintains agreements with grantees, including hospitals, primary care practices, and community-based organizations. Additionally, the senior financial analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining multi-year program forecasts that will allow senior leadership to make strategic decisions regarding the management of the program
Support the Medicaid Specific Finance and Accounting Needs of the Organization
- Develop multi-year forecasts for Medicaid program, along with analysis and recommendations for strategic management of the program
- Coordinate with Directors of Finance and Medicaid to prepare annual budget
- Manage monthly close activities for Medicaid ACO, including revenue recognition, expense tracking, distribution calculations, and forecasts
- Develop and maintain P&Ls by revenue source (currently DSRIP, Withhold, Performance, Admin, Flex)
- Develop and maintain comprehensive Medicaid cash flow schedule to incorporate in the larger Finance schedule
- Provide strategic advice on areas of opportunity or concern
Financial Management of Grant Revenue & Expense
- Manage annual grant budget and semi-annual reporting to MassHealth, including for DSRIP and the Flexible Services Program (FSP);
- Prepare grant-related regulatory reports for internal review, ensuring accuracy and completeness; submit final deliverables to MassHealth in a timely manner
Management of Delegated Funds
- Oversee annual DSRIP and FSP budget development and quarterly expense reporting for key partners, including hospitals, primary care practices, and community-based organizations, as applicable;
- Draft annual agreements and/or amendments for grantees, and support grantee budget development and quarterly expense reporting
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Masters preferred
Years of Experience:
- 7-10 years of experience
- At least 5 years of progressive financial experience in a healthcare environment
- Experience with grants reporting, public finance, and/or cost allocation highly preferred
- Proven success in leading complex, highly visible projects
- Advanced Excel skills, including financial modeling
- Exceptional communication skills
- Focus on customer service and quality
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.