Senior Financial Analyst
As an integrated, cost-effective accountable care organization, Steward is committed to providing the highest quality of patient care in the communities where our patients live. Steward is widely recognized as a national leader in implementing a new model of integrated health care delivery. Steward’s model takes care of patients from wellness and care management all the way through their end of life.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides analysis and reports to help the organization make informed and timely strategic decisions. The FP&A team also connects to and collaborates with all business units across the system supporting both regular and ad-hoc financial, operational and statistical analyses. As a result, members of the team receive significant exposure to the overall business and develop networks and working relationships across the organization.
Under the guidance of the Sr. VP of Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst will serve as a business partner to both corporate and local leadership teams to drive an effective financial planning process, support high-level analyses and facilitate the development and improvement of business processes.
* Key contributor to the annual budgeting, forecasting and long term planning process
* Develop and proactively evolve reporting in response to business needs
* Play an active role in the monthly reporting process, inclusive of but not limited to:
o Assist in the collection/preparation of hospital financial reports
o Validate the accuracy of financial results as part of the month-end close and reporting process (including reporting out to external parties)
o Trouble shoot and field questions related to monthly financials
* Perform adoc analysis like productivity, external benchmarking, profitability etc.
* Be involved in leading/managing projects at various levels within the organization.
* Create and enhance financial processes, guidelines and policies
* Actively engage in Process Improvement efforts related to reporting and system processes
* Be an active participant in the implementation of analytical modules within the Kaufman Hall system (Productivity, Financial Planning, Capital Planning) and continue support of said modules thereafter
* Continuous support of assigned hospitals/entities including but not limited to:
o Monthly close financial packages
o Ad hoc reporting and variance analysis
o Targeted hospital and system-wide financial projects
o Budget support and guidance
ò Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting; Master's degree a plus
ò 5+ years related work experience required. Healthcare experience is preferred
ò Experience with financial statement analysis
ò Very strong proficiency with Excel (financial modeling & data aggregation, lookups, macros); proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; experience with Kaufman Hall Axiom software a plus
ò Strong analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills and ability to critically evaluate and synthesize complex processes and large sets of data for trend analysis, operations improvement, and root cause analysis
ò Comfort with ambiguity and ability to effectively multi-task, make tradeoffs, take initiative, and prioritize within a fast-paced, demanding environment
ò Collaborative team-player with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to cooperate with people at all levels
ò Meticulous attention to detail
ò Familiarity with data table structures and manipulating large data sets
ò Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional, mature manner
ò Health care finance experience a plus, but not required
ò SQL experience a plus, but not required