Senior Lab Tech - Per Diem
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient specimens to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
* Performs testing on all specimens and ensures that results are accurate and complete.
* Works in a team environment to accomplish Laboratory goals.
* Possess knowledge of Medical Technology and answers inquiries from physicians and other health care professionals.
* May be required to mentor new employees and students.
* Obtains and processes specimens for laboratory testing according to department/section policy and procedures.
* Verifies accuracy of test specimen before testing.
* Performs technical procedures as required by department or supervisor.
* Performs all testing in a timely manner as established by departmental policy and performs all tests with confidence.
* Inspects instruments and verifies that equipment is in proper working order before testing.
* Insures that test results correlate with each other and the patient’s clinical situation.
* Rechecks and reports to the supervisor all questionable results.
* Follows critical value procedure.
* Demonstrates proficiency in performing all computer tasks associated with job responsibilities.
* Performs scheduled maintenance to assure proper operation of equipment.
* Records the procedures performed.
* Performs quality control and quality assurance procedures and instrument checks correctly.
* Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
* Applies step-by-step problem solving and thinking patterns.
* Acts as charge person assigned to provide direction, support and technical ability to others.