Location: St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Posted Date: 9/15/2020
Senior Medical Staff Coordinator, 40 Hrs/Week, Day Shift (8AM to 4:30PM), Weekends As Needed
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
- The Medical Staff Coordinator – To process the applications of Initial and Reappointment applicants requesting Medical Staff appointments in an accurate and timely manner. This process ensures that St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center and Medical Staff are CMS, Joint Commission and DPH compliant.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Process Initial and Reappointment applications
- Manage and maintain confidential information
- Creates / updates credentialing data base
- Responsible for managing the data and administration of the OPPE process
- Verify training, state licenses, DEA certificates, hospital affiliations & Board certifications
- Query NPDB & Malpractice carriers
- Communications with internal / external parties to obtain credentialing documents
- Maintaining expirable documents
- Administrative support to Medical Staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Credentialing specialist experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Work independently
- I. Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- II. Experience (Type & Length): 3 – 5 years Credentialing Specialist experience
- III. Certification/Licensure:
- IV. Software/Hardware: Morrisey Credentialing or other credentialing software.
- V. Other:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled