Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 5/25/2021
The Regional Director of Marketing and Communications serves as the lead for marketing programs throughout the Massachusetts region and oversees marketing and communications, including advertising and media relations, with the local field marketing teams. Working with corporate marketing to ensure brand standards are followed and duplication of efforts is minimized, this seasoned, high energy individual will lead development, implementation and measurement of marketing and communication for hospital and physician marketing programs.
• Serve as primary contact for field marketing teams in the Massachusetts division, which includes 10 hospitals and several Steward Medical Group physician practices
• Support local marketing goals and consult in the development of integrated marketing communication plans to highlight, create awareness of and drive revenue to targeted service lines in order to achieve planned patient flow and referral goals for regional entities
• Work with the corporate marketing team to coordinate messaging efforts and press relations across region
• Provide expert guidance on strategy to maximize the effectiveness of communication vehicles designed to support Steward brand and maximize positive visibility in each market
• Oversee field marketing on digital owned and earned channels within the region including promotions, internal communications and web content specific to Steward and the services offered as well as specific physicians and hospital groups
• Work with the corporate marketing team to implement campaigns and media plans to drive volume and enhance hospital awareness
• Track and analyze usage to measure effectiveness of marketing vehicles and provide recommendations for maximization and enhancement of media and promotions
• Ensure all public relations, advertising and regional materials are converted to optimize brand-positive content.
• Manage electronic data update, storage, security, retrieval and related for public relations contacts, placement and similar areas and ensure that they are in sync with social media.
• Coordinate participation in and lead local activities and events in the region as needed
• Position based in Boston, Massachusetts with travel within the market required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Successful track record of leading the development and execution of strategic marketing communications plans and programs for consequential brands. Must have experience in the healthcare arena
• Demonstrated success in developing strategic multi-faceted marketing communications plans and converting them into tactical programs, specific experience with progressive use of digital and web-related communication
• Experience in launching and tracking advertising campaigns; able to utilize analysis and translate anecdotal and research data into recommendations and plans
• Knowledge of health care marketing best practices, expertise in overall marketing and communication vehicles
• Effective leader who is adept at managing change, and who can inspire those inside and outside their direct sphere of control, ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholder audiences, ultimately leading and driving the coordination and integration of communication activities
• Exceptional ability to build relationships with people from diverse areas of the business and external "key influencers"
• Effective driving initiatives and getting programs off the ground in a complex fast paced organization
• Self-starter with team orientation, entrepreneurial skill set able to identify and initiate programs quickly
• Health care marketing experience required with hospital marketing experience desired
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 10 years' marketing experience in the health care arena
- Other: Candidate must be in the Boston, MA area