Senior Systems Engineer *Remote Available*
Reporting to the Manager of Systems Engineering, the Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for technical assessment, design, implementation, and maintenance of the Steward Health Care server environment. This position will support operating systems, hypervisors, and hardware for physical and virtual server infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer requires an expert working knowledge of the Windows Server operating systems with a high-level understanding of servers, storage, and networking in an enterprise environment. Candidate should have experience with Active Directory, group policy, automation, scripting, and best-practice system configuration. As a member of the Systems Engineering team, this position requires a self-starter who can work under limited supervision and be a technical leader and advisor to other team members.
- Administration and support of all physical and virtual servers, operating systems, hardware, and related technologies in the enterprise environment.
- Work as part of Systems Engineering team with other Information Services groups to ensure high level of availability for all production systems and applications.
- Responsible for server builds, maintaining templates and standardized system configuration.
- Assess requirements and define specifications during implementation and integration to ensure resiliency and performance for all mission critical applications.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for implementation to meet changing infrastructure and business requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose and correct server hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Management of patching, monitoring, and reporting for the server environments.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other members of Systems Engineering team, information services department, and staff.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation as scheduled.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel, weekend and off hour work may be required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience in administration, support, and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with best-practice configuration of servers, operating systems, and supporting applications.
- Proficient knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere).
- Proficient knowledge of Active Directory including group policy, and DNS.
- Strong scripting ability (Powershell)
- Experience with HP blade systems (Synergy and C7000) and various rackmount servers (HP, Dell, IBM).
- Experience with Hyperconverged infrastructure (Dell VxRail).
- Systems management and monitoring application experience (SCCM, SCOM)
- Familiar with enterprise architecture, SAN and NAS storage technologies, networking, and security.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery technologies (Networker, Avamar) a plus.
- Previous work in a Meditech environment strongly desired.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: 5+ years related Systems Engineering experience.
- Certification/Licensure: Related industry certifications (Microsoft, VMware, etc.) preferred.
- Software/Hardware: See required knowledge and skills.
- Other: Occasional travel may be required to Steward Health Care hospital and data center facilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.