Senior VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
Steward Health Care System LLC seeks a Senior Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis in Dallas, Texas.
Work You’ll Do
Develop, interpret and implement complex functional tools, financial planning, budgeting and analysis in order to oversee FP&A function. Monitor financial and operational performance of Steward’s core business units and corporate departments. Direct the operations of the Budget and Financial Analysis staff. Develop an annual operating budget for all assigned departments and practices. Organize and compile annual budget timelines. Ensure Steward Healthcare’s budget deadlines are met. Oversee monthly financial report distribution for presentations to the administration and clinical leadership at monthly and quarterly meetings. Compile reports and analyses for monthly and quarterly executive financial packages. Oversee and review various financial analysis requests such as merger and acquisitions, major capital investments, profitability for new locations/products, and other pro-forma. Determine present and future financial performance through the analysis of financial information, using those insights to develop policies and procedures for financial planning, and to ensure that operations are efficient and effective. Monitor and review clinical financial performance to produce accurate monthly financial reporting in conjunction with accounting staff. Recommend quality and/or process improvement initiatives in order to improve department efficiencies. Interview, hire, and train, evaluate, and delegate work to Financial Analysts, handling disciplinary actions when necessary.
Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Business Administration or a related field and 8 years of related finance leadership experience within a publicly traded consumer-focused or life sciences company. Experience must include the following:
5 years of supervisory experience in leading teams or functions including staff recruiting, retention and mentoring and demonstrated ability to build and foster a cohesive financial planning and analysis team across divisions, franchise or business units.
3 years of experience in each of the following:
- Finance experience as CFO or similar role overseeing FP&A for a company or a division, franchise or business unit of a company. The division, franchise, business unit overseen must have annual revenues of more than $2 billion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of merger and acquisition, including financial modelling and post-merger integration.
- Demonstrated experience and has ability to work in conjunction with department heads in leading shared services strategy to optimize corporate function (IT, HR, Supply Chain, CBO, Finance etc.) expenses including centralization, offshoring, and outsourcing.
- Demonstrated experience simplifying and standardizing reporting including consolidation of data from multiple systems and automation to provide strategic insights.
- In conjunction with department heads, develops reporting that identifies efficiencies and trends.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing or enhancing cost accounting and decision support systems using advanced costing methodologies including micro-costing.
- Demonstrated experience of leading cash flow management initiatives for organizations with revenue of more than $6 billion such as accounts payable, accounts receivable or inventory management.
- Experience working with accounting and external auditors on financial reporting, quarterly and annual audits, controls & compliance, and goodwill impairment testing.
- Utilizing deep knowledge of data analytics including data standardization, data visualization, predictive analytics, and AI to provide actionable insights.
- Interpreting micro-data and working with financial personnel in various divisions, franchises, or business units to draft accountability and analytic statements for executive leadership teams.
- Representing organizations with internal and external stakeholders at a senior level including the demonstrated ability to deliver communications to different stakeholders in micro-tactical v macro level as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster a cohesive financial planning and analysis team across divisions, franchise or business units.
- Demonstrated ability identifying issues and developing policies and procedures to find solutions to complex technical and organizational problems.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel including performing analysis using vlookup and Pivot table functions.
1 year of experience with business insight tools (Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik) and SQL.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.