SJMC Volunteer Opportunities
St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) welcomes you. Have you ever thought, “I wonder what I can do to help in healthcare? Or I want to make a difference. But I just don’t know what I can do.” Are you lively? Do you enjoy making others smile? Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you have a desire to support healthcare providers? If you answered “Yes” to any of those questions, then we would love to have you as a St. Joseph Medical Center volunteer! If you’re ready to be a part of something truly special, Come join the SJMC Volunteer Team!
You can make a difference! You can change someone’s life through donating your time, experiences, talents, or interest. This is an opportunity to impact patients and leave an impression in healthcare. SJMC will provide tools and resources, train you, and partner with you throughout the experience. Some volunteers receive additional training based upon their selected area of service.
“To deliver compassionate healthcare to the communities we serve” is at the forefront of everything we do.
Volunteer Commitment: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, As Available
Volunteers receive complimentary parking and meal on days of service.
- Patient/Visitor Facing Volunteers: Volunteers receive full training to support patients for patient/visitor escort, running errands, friendly visiting, providing games/puzzles, reading, reminiscing, etc.
- Activities Volunteers: If you have special skills or talents, like playing an instrument, painting, beading, magician, etc.,
- Non-Patient Facing Office Volunteers: Receive full training and support patient care by assisting with office tasks such as preparing patient information, phone calling, preparing mailers, etc.
All Volunteers Must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (preferred); But not required
- Pass criminal background checks
- Agree to SJMC Mission, Vision, and Values
- Be respectful of others diversity and differences
- Have reliable source of transportation for getting to and from SJMC
- Be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to meet pre-volunteer requirements
- Be willing to wear volunteer identifying attire
- Be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment provided as required
- Be willing to follow Infection Prevention measures, guidelines, and regulations
Volunteer Location: Downtown Houston/ 1401 St. Joseph Parkway, Houston, Tx. 77002
*Volunteers are not employed and do not receive compensation for their time or efforts