Sleep Lab Tech - Per Diem
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to the Sleep Lab for insuring accurate clinical and logistical support services are provided. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Completion of a college or technical training program in Respiratory Therapy.
- Sleep Technology / Polysomnography certification preferred.
- Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy from a college, university, or technical school required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience as a polysomnographic technician preferred.
- Current Ohio license as a Respiratory Care Professional by the State of Ohio Medical Board required and graduate of CoARC accredited polysomnography certification/program or must enroll in an A-Step program (Accredited Sleep Technologist Education Program).
- Current Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential required and/or must be obtained within 6-12 months from date of hire, depending on the number of worked hours required to take the RPSGT exam.
- Certification in BLS by American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification by the AHA require within 6 months of employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Assists with daily operations.
- Competently performs clinical diagnostic/therapeutic services.
- Compliant in documenting all required information and obtaining necessary patient orders.
- Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives as needed
- Assists with marketing strategies, educational initiatives, and special projects
- Assists with maintaining departmental inventory.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.