Social Work Care Coordinator (LCSW)
TITLE: Social Work Care Coordinator— 16 hours per week, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM, weekends required as needed.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
The social Work Care Coordinator is responsible for the management of the social, emotional and financial wellbeing of the patients identified as needing the services of the Clinical Social Worker. The Social Work Care Coordinator is responsible for developing the patient discharge plan and executing this plan including coordination of the services required by the patient upon discharge. They are responsible for exercising appropriate assessment of the patient and providing any psycho-social intervention, as needed. The Social Work Care Coordinator will accept referrals from the outpatient areas and refer to community agencies as necessary. The Social work Care Coordinator will provide education/consultation to the Nurse Managers and Nursing Staff to ensure achievement of quality patient outcomes.
Union and Steward Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Collaborates with the PCP to identify high-risk medical/social management patients.
- Develop an individualized plan with the PCP for appropriate series for the patient.
- Work collaboratively with the RN Care Coordinator to manage clinically complex discharges.
- Daily rounds with the RN Care Coordinator to discuss patients being overseen by both members of the Care Coordination Department.
- Coordinate discharge/follow up activities.
- Discuss with families the financial ramifications of their decisions and provide guidance in placement issues.
- Provide individualized psychotherapy, supportive counseling and group therapy as needed.
- Make referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
- Identify potential legal or risk management issues and discuss with Director/Manager.
- Ensure that resources are managed in a cost-effective manner while achieving positive clinical outcomes.
- Identify service needs, systems issues and opportunities for expansion of services.
- Participate in continuing education programs that are relevant to job function.
- Act as a patient advocate.
- Document initial assessment, proposed plan, any changes to plan and final discharge plan in the medical record.
- Documentation will be in a timely manner.
- Communicate in a timely manner with Skilled Nursing Facilities, community Health Agencies, Physicians and other staff.
- Complete statistical reports as requested by supervisory staff.
- With input from the RN Care Coordinator educate PCPs and clinical staffs on alternative care options including high-tech home care, skilled nursing facility capabilities, and disease management initiatives.
- Educate patients regarding managed care and Medicare processes/regulations.
- Provide patient teaching to patient and/or family.
- Promote Clinical Social Work series within legal, ethical and professional standards.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Serve as a resource for members of the Care Coordination department.
- Provide education/consultation as needed to to health care team members and to health care consumers.
- Attend UMCM meetings as assigned and scheduled.
- Participate in the facility Quality Improvement Plan through unit and/or divisional quality control/quality improvement activities.
- Maintain current up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with other agencies for the education and benefit of the staff and hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in developing and facilitating patient discharges from an cute care setting
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Able to work independently and communicate well across disciplines.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks with in a specific time period and adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Exercise good judgment and takes initiative to complete tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be outcomes oriented.
Education / Experience / Licensure / Technical & Other Requirements:
- Masters in Social Work required.
- Two years experience in the clinical setting.
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Basic computer skills.
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Equal Employment Opportunity Notice:
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.