Social Work Care Coordinator - Per Diem
Statement of Purpose:
Responsible for assisting patients and their families with personal, financial and environmental difficulties predisposing to illness or interfering with obtaining maximum benefits from healthcare. Intervention is designed to enable patients and families to access and utilize healthcare in order to achieve their optimal level of health and functioning. This assistance is completed in the context of the patient's strengths and barriers, financial resources and family and environmental issues. Assessment, discharge planning, counseling, advocacy,
Information/referral and follow-up monitoring are the basis of clinical social work intervention. In collaboration with the Case Coordinator (CC), the Social Worker facilitates the safe, effective and efficient discharge or disposition of patients. Additionally, the Social Worker participates in and supports the Hospital's and Medical Staffs Quality Improvement (PI) activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical and educational guidance to the medical staff, nursing staff and hospital departments regarding Case Coordination, Social Service and discharge planning activities.
2. Participates in performance measurement (PM) and PI activities.
3. Participates in committees and PI projects as assigned.
4. Contributes to the Department's and Hospital's mission by participating in pertinent community activities.
5. Participates in mandatory education
Responsibility for Crises Intervention:
1. Manages crisis or supports patients/families adjusting to life changes or issues related to drug and alcohol abuse, family dynamics, housing, mental health diagnoses, terminal illness, placement and maternal and child health as well as others.
2. Identifies patients/families in crisis by assessing the patient’s and or family’s needs using established criteria and by referrals from the CC or other member of the health team.