Social Worker LMSW Gero Psych
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a full service, 178-bed hospital that opened in July 2007. Mountain Vista has earned a reputation for high-quality care and as a great place to work.
Our main goal is to help patients get well and back to their life as quickly as possible. We use some of the most modern medical technology available, which gives the physicians on the medical staff the ability to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions faster and with greater precision.
We want our patients to have a pleasant, convenient, and comfortable experience. That's why our team is focused on providing an extraordinary level of care from the time the patient enters our resort-like hospital through the time they leave.
The Social Worker ensures that emotional and social needs of patients and their family's are met and maintained in accordance with facility guidelines and federal/state regulations. In addition, they are sensitive to the patient's social, ethnic, religious, and cultural needs. The Medical Social Worker collaborates with other healthcare providers to assess and plan interventions that address any issues impacting the patient's recovery. The Social worker interacts daily with internal and external customers. These customers include physician's, patient's, significant others, families, department directors, hospital leadership, accreditation agencies.
- Education requirements: Master Degree in Social Work required.
- Required License/certification: Social Worker license in good standing in the state of AZ.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience performing in Social work in an acute care hospital and/or managed care setting preferred.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care.
- Must be familiar with federal, state, and accreditation standards of Social Work in an acute care setting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER