Software Engineering Developer *Remote Available*
Steward Software Development is looking to expand our team for new and exciting development work. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking software developer to assist our team with designing and creating new, and improving current, web-based applications to help drive Steward into the future of healthcare.
The Software Development team at Steward is focused on web-based application development utilizing industry standard software, predictive modeling, and cloud computing to provide innovative solutions for improving patient care, staff workflows, and job efficiencies for our hospital and corporate staff.
- Work in a team environment to design, build, and implement service and data layers for large-scale web applications
- Collaborate with other engineers/architects on technical and functional designs
- Work with the Product Owner and key stakeholders to fully understand functional requirements for enhancements and new products
- Assist with project scoping, sprint and release planning
- Work with QA and DevOps to perform unit/integrated testing and assist with development of automation strategies and tools
- Cooperate with DevOps to help identify operational areas of interest and determine performance impact
- Advocate Agile Software Development principles and practices
- Participate and assist in conducting daily scrum meetings
- Contribute to team body of knowledge by educating colleagues on industry developments and new client-side technologies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Solid background in computer science and mathematics
- Proficient in object-oriented programming concepts and development techniques
- Proficient with at least one OO language, preferably C#
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure suite of products
- Experience with and ability to demonstrate strengths and weaknesses of server-side languages, frameworks and environments such as Python, PHP, Java, Node.js, and ASP.NET MVC
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and related architectural styles using REST, SOAP, RPC, XML, etc.
- Knowledge of ORM tools
- Experience with modern distributed version control systems like Git or Mercurial
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) like Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of noSQL solutions such as MongoDB
- Experience with build, test and continuous integration (CI) software such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server, etc.
- Experience with an integrated development environment (IDE), preferably Visual Studio
- Experience working in an Agile-based development environment and knowledge of different methods such as Scrum, Feature-driven development (FDD) and Kanban
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to seek out and learn new technologies and development practices
- Ability and willingness to adapt quickly to changing priorities and requests
- Ability to thrive under pressure and take control of urgent and demanding issues
- Education: BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or related 4+-year technical degree
- Experience (Type & Length): 3+ years of experience in web application development
- Software/Hardware: Please see required skills and knowledge.