Sous Chef - Full Time - JVW
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Will work directly with the Executive Chef and coordinate all kitchen food production from Cafe, catering and patient meals. The candidate will assist in controlling food cost, menu planning and ordering from a variety of vendors. Will be responsible for managing kitchen staff as needed and in the absence of the Director or Executive Chef. This position is a leadership role, a high standard of conduct, clean and professional dress and interaction between staff, guests, patients and management is required.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of cooking with 3 or more years as a Sous Chef or Line Supervisor.
- Experience in high volume scratch cooking, recipe writing, menu development, scheduling, catering and the ability to constructively manage other employees is a must.
- Hospital experience in food services preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages helpful.
- Food handlers permit.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Jordan Valley Medical Center - West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.