Special Procedures Tech- 40hrs/wk days
Special Procedures Technologist- full-time 40hrs/wk, day shift, five 8-hr shifts 8am-4:30p, every other weekends required, holidays required as needed, on call required
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
- Performs a wide variety of special Radiographic procedures which requires use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Assumes responsibility for quality and quantity of work in designated area.
- Successful completion of approved Radiologic Technology program with and possession of valid Massachusetts license and ARRT certification.
- Level of knowledge associated with completion of Radiologic Technology program.
- Associates degree in Radiologic Technology preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with Radiology clients.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain examination process to patients.
- Valid Massachusetts Radiologic Tech license and ARRT certification.
- Following departmental guidelines, selects type and number of films to provide diagnostic information required. May choose to digress from established routine under special circumstances depending upon clinical condition of patient and information gathered from preliminary survey of radiographs.
- Prepares and positions patients relative to diagnostic equipment. Informs and prepares patient for special procedures examination.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Assesses and monitors patient condition and initiates action to ensure proper care by physicians and/or nursing staff.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable operation of radiographic equipment with proper care given to radiation safety including collimation, shielding, and proper identification of films.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, medical staff, and patients.
- Performs all necessary functions to ensure effective patient care including clerical and transport/duties.
- Assists Radiologists with special procedures and treatments that may require some nursing skills.
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription, and film retrieval.
- Shares responsibility of call duties with other special procedure technologists ensuring coverage at all time for the area.
- Participates in frequent rotations in general radiographic area performing a wide range of examinations as needed.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.