Special Procedures Tech- Cath Lab, FT 32 Hours-SIGN ON BONUS
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Responsible for performing all diagnostic and invasive radiological procedures in the Cath Lab / Vascular Lab under the clinical direction of a licensed medical staff. Ensures the provision of safe quality care for the adult and geriatric patient in accordance with all applicable standards of practice, policies, procedures, and governing regulations. The Radiology Technologist must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities.
**Sign On Bonus 15K for Experienced Cath Lab Tech**
Full Time Days- 32 Hours per week, Days 7am-3:30pm
- Consistently produces radiographs of diagnostic quality by using appropriate positioning, proper technique, and accurate collimation.
- Consistently labels all radiographs with appropriate right and left markers (own), patient’s name, date of service, hospital name, and as appropriate, portable documentation of exams performed outside the main department
- Always wears radiation film badge while on duty, stores it in designated location within department and changes the badge monthly on designated due date.
- Assists physicians with fluoroscopic procedures and prepares barium contrast according to protocol. Ensures suites are properly set up and functioning before radiologist begins procedure.
- Assists physicians with special and radiographic procedures. Ensures suite is properly prepared and functioning before radiologist begins procedure.
- Routinely reports equipment malfunctions/repairs as soon as possible to Chief Technologist, Team Leader, or designee. Follows established protocol for seeking clinical engineering field service technician.
- Maintains accurate and complete day sheets, filling in all required fields.
- Provides Wet Readings to nurses and physicians as directed by a radiologist and according to hospital privacy guidelines. Maintains documentation according to departmental guidelines.
- Checks code cart and maintains supplies according to hospital protocol.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must hold a valid registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Must hold a valid commonwealth of Massachusetts license.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in Cath Lab.
*2+ Years of experience as a Cath Lab Tech required to qualify
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any -19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 116248