Special Procedures Tech Cath Lab
We offer competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Student Loan/ Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks!
Under the general supervision of the Director, Cardiology, the Special Procedure Technologist/EP lab Tech in the Cath Lab is responsible for the provision of services of a highly specialized nature to patients according to physician’s orders. Provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Also responsible for the operation of all x-ray equipment, Scrubbing-in to assist the physician in complex angiographic procedures, and the provision of safe and effective care of the patient having invasive or non-invasive special procedures in the Cath Lab to include the immediate pre-procedure period, during the procedure, and immediately following the procedure. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to any age related needs of adults and adult- geriatric patients in the EP lab. Under direction, assumes, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance. Must be able to demonstrate to physicians a comprehensive knowledge of EKG’s, EP diagnostic catheters, sheaths and ablation catheters. These individuals are the primary personnel for the Cardiac Rhythm Management patient population in the cardiac cath lab.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Graduate of an accredited or registered school of Radiology Technology or CCC Certification (RCIS).
2. Must be a Registered A.R.R.T. or RCIS.
3. Certified by the Texas Department of Health.
4. Must be technically oriented in all invasive and interventional procedures.
5. Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
6. Previous experience in hospital environment preferred.
7. One year EP/Cath Lab experience and/or demonstrate competency in all areas of EP/Cath Lab preferred.