Specialty Clerk - Telemetry Floor - Part Time, 6a-6p
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the Specialty Clerk Equipment/Skills Checklist.
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, maintains patient records, schedules tests and maintains unit supplies cost effectively.
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, maintains cardiac monitor surveillance.
- Operates communication equipment: multi-lined telephones, patient call system, and computer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED preferred with no prior experience or specialized training. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Previous experience as a medical assistant preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.