Specialty Clerk - Telemetry Unit - Part Time, Nights
With 346 beds, the skilled staff at Trumbull Regional Medical Center has been providing quality care for over a century. Trumbull Regional Medical Center serves the health care needs of residents in Trumbull County and nearby communities. Trumbull Regional Medical Center offers a vast scope of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services from emergency, cardiac and critical care to orthopedic, childbirth, and other diagnostic and therapeutic services. A designated Level III Trauma Center; the hospital became the first in Ohio to achieve Chest Pain v5 accreditation, which is the highest-level accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. READ MORE HERE
High school graduate or GED preferred with no prior experience or specialized training.
After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
Previous experience as a medical assistant preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the Specialty Clerk Equipment/Skills Checklist.
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, maintains patient records, schedules tests and maintains unit supplies cost effectively.
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, maintains cardiac monitor surveillance.
- Operates communication equipment: multi-lined telephones, patient call system, and computer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.