Specialty Team Leader-Surgery FT/Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers how to provide care respectful of and responsive to the individual patient and family preferences, needs, and values.
Seek a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do. Our organization may be a good fit for you.
Schedule: 32 hour- Full-Time Benefit Eligible 4x8Shift Days; Monday-Friday
Performs all duties of a Perioperative Services RN. In assistance with the department manager/director, is responsible for providing guidance, clinical expertise, mentoring, and functional direction to members of the health care team while optimizing available resources to achieve optimal patient outcomes. This role may include but is not limited to: surgical case management, perioperative patient care coordination, staff education, and organization of quality/performance improvement activities. Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Acts as clinical resources for perioperative services staff members within the specialty using evidence-based knowledge and prevailing standards
- Assist staff members in evolving practice to align with current techniques and technologies and create different improvement strategies.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with perioperative team members and other stakeholders, i.e., surgeons, materials management, and administration.
- Provide educational resources and coordinate with perioperative educators regarding perioperative team education specific to the specialty.
- Works with department leaders on service line-specific capital equipment planning and acquisition quotes for equipment purchases.
- Shares ideas on opportunities for cost education and assists in implementing standardized cost control practices.
- Communicates with surgeons and vendors regarding upcoming procedures' needs and coordinates acquisition of equipment and disposables as needed for assigned services.
- Responsible for updating physician preference cards in Meditech for assigned service lines.
- Function in the role of charge nurse to manage the OR board when assigned
- Mentor team members within the specialty as required.
- Collect and analyze data that applies to the specialty to facilitate teamwork and drive service line performance
- Participate in peer-to-peer meetings with potential candidates during the employment interview process.
- Pursue professional growth and participate in a professional organization.
- Participates in taskforces PI teams, Committees, etc.
- Responsible at staff meetings, morning huddles to communicate all information to all staff
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Excellent assessment skills, clinical and organizational skills, computer knowledge, and charge capabilities.
- Able to lift, transfer and move patients
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred
- Experience: 3-year varied surgical services experience
- Current registered nursing license in MA. BLS, CNOR preferred or obtained in 1 year from accepting the position.
- Software/Hardware: Knowledge of Meditech
Important COVID message
Please note, our Good Samaritan Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, trust, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be safe places to treat all emergency patients. Astringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.