Speech Language Pathologist - Temporary - Per Diem
Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Health Care/Good Samaritan Medical Center. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Health Care/Good Samaritan Medical Center based on such operational needs.
|• The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates, treats, provides rehabilitation, counsels, and educates patients with disorders of swallowing, speech, language and cognition to restore or improve function. The SLP also develops and implements individualized plan of therapy care based on patient’s medical condition, rehabilitation potential and prognosis. Additionally, the SLP coordinates and effectively delivers care in conjunction with other health care team members.|
• Provides evidence based evaluation and treatment to diverse, medically challenging patient population
• Provides quality service delivery techniques that facilitate optimum services to meet patient needs being sensitive to patient’s age, social, cultural, educational and vocational background
• Provides appropriate written and/or verbal education on communication and/or swallowing disorders to patients, families, and professionals
• Maintain and complete patient records by providing objective, analytic documentation of patient care
• Participates in discharge planning
• Completes appropriate Speech Pathology charges rendered each month
• Establishes appropriate policies and procedures for the department
• Works with medical/allied health personnel to coordinate dysphagia protocols and treatment strategies
• Establishes augmentative communication when appropriate
• Serves as a clinical resource to colleagues and other medical professionals
• Takes initiative to remain current in clinical practice through lectures, literature, and other educational opportunities
• Functions in a self-directed manner and takes ownership to manage self and work including responsibility for actions and accountability for results
• Maintains professional demeanor and is responsible for quality care in all interactions
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
• Able to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
• Excellent assessment skills, clinical skills and organizational skills and charge capabilities.
• Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
|Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.|
|Previous medical setting experience preferred, although other relevant clinical experience considered.|
|Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from ASHA and current MA license in Speech Language Pathology; BLS|