Speech Pathologist/Speech Therapist - Part Time, Day Shift, hours vary
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital of Ohio for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Speech Pathology and Audiology for diagnosis and treatment of swallow, communication and cognitive impairments. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Identifies and evaluates type of speech, language, cognitive, swallowing and voice disorders.
- Provides appropriate treatment for speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate food textures, liquid consistencies, and feeding techniques for patients exhibiting dysphagia.
- Determines need for referral to other professionals including audiologist.
- Ensures that all medical record entries are completed and signed in a timely manner.
- Consults with other professionals in the hospital or community for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Educates or supports community and ValleyCare Health System of Ohio personnel and programs.
- Attends weekly rehab team meetings for inpatients and outpatients to report on patients’ status and prognosis.
- Provides consultation and educational information to actual and potential patients and families regarding treatment plan, diagnoses and prognosis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in speech pathology required. Requires one year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations. Clinical fellows will be considered on an individual basis.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current or conditional