Assists the health care team in implementing the plan of care.
- Performs patient evaluations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately select, administer, score and interpret formal and informal assessment tools.
- Demonstrates ability to develop, modify, and advance treatment programs that maximize the highest functional performance of each patient, in a creative, skillful and efficient manner, and in collaboration with other team members.
- Demonstrates care planning that simultaneously incorporates patient and family goals and preferences, physician requirements and financial issues and constraints.
- Appropriately address patient education needs including, but not limited to discharge planning, home exercise programs and equipment needs.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior as defined by profession, industry and/or organization.
- Demonstrates documentation that adheres to departmental, professional and regulatory standards and time frames with clinical, multi/interdisciplinary and payer mandated documentation and clinical care communication.
- Submits timely and accurate charges.
- Demonstrates compliance with policy, procedure and practice standards.
- Demonstrates responsibility for and the enhancement of clinical skills through in-services, literature review, self-study or other learning opportunities during the year.
- Knows and understands job responsibilities and takes charge of and accepts these responsibilities.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new skill.
- Completes appropriate competencies for the hospital and department.
- Provides patient care based on evidence based medicine.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
- Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology or equivalent from an ASHA accredited school.
- Current SLP license in Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association.
- Current CPR certification.