be placed at the beginning of the job posting:
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
This is a 30-hours per week, Monday - Friday, benefits eligible position.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for evaluating, treating, and providing education to patients who are experiencing communication, cognitive and/or swallowing problems.
1. Completion of academic and clinical requirements of the profession as set forth
by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. (ASHA)
2. Graduation from a curriculum approved and accredited by the American Speech- Language-Hearing Association.
3. Adherence to standards of practice and professional ethics set by American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
4. Current licensure in the State of Massachusetts and current certification through American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or a qualified Clinical
Fellow who has completed the academic and clinical requirements noted in #1 and will be supervised by a licensed speech language pathologist.
5. Communication skills and hearing ability of sufficient level to enable effective face to face, written and telephone communication.
6. Fluent in English for reading and writing.
7. Cognitive ability of sufficient level to enable analysis of data, problem solving
and safe operational judgment.
8. Knowledge and acceptance of cultural diversity and age and disability specific considerations.