At Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to Speech Pathology and Audiology for diagnosis and treatment of swallow, communication and cognitive impairments. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in speech pathology required.
- Current or conditional Ohio license as a speech pathologist by the Ohio Board of Speech and Language Pathology and Audiology required.
- Clinical fellows will be considered on an individual basis.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence by the American Speech and Hearing Association required or obtain certificate within ten months.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Identifies and evaluates type of speech, language, cognitive, swallowing and voice disorders.
- Provides appropriate treatment for speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate food textures, liquid consistencies, and feeding techniques for patients exhibiting dysphagia.
- Determines need for referral to other professionals including audiologist.
- Ensures that all medical record entries are completed and signed in a timely manner.
- Consults with other professionals in the hospital or community for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Educates or supports community and ValleyCare Health System of Ohio personnel and programs.
- Attends weekly rehab team meetings for inpatients and outpatients to report on patients’ status and prognosis.
- Provides consultation and educational information to actual and potential patients and families regarding treatment plan, diagnoses and prognosis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Keywords; Speech, Language, speech pathologist