Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Manager, EMR Data Engineers the Developer participates on a team to meet the technical programming needs of the department and Steward Health Care Network (SHCN). This role will be focused on mapping, loading, and transforming EMR data from Steward affiliated practices to our Health Catalyst EDW.
- Data Engineering
- Map and load affiliate EMR data into Health Catalyst.
- Transform affiliate EMR data in Health Catalyst into concrete healthcare terminology (e.g., Diabetes a1c lab test, Depression screening)
- Maintain ETL automation schedules
- Responsible for data analysis to support the building of robust ETL processes.
- Maintain robust QC processes to ensure data integrity
- Utilize established and standard methodologies to QC data
- Create and maintain clear documentation
- Other tasks as assigned based on business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related experience
Years of Experience:
- 3+ years of data development
- 1+ years in healthcare analytics, with focus on EMR data
- Knowledge of EMRs, specifically eClinicalWorks
- Experience using SQL Server (SSMS)
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated with sound judgment
- Experience with Health Catalyst tools preferred, but not required
- Strong communication skills
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.