Staff Nurse- Med Surg M7 36 hrs/wk day/nights- sign on bonus
Staff Nurse-Med/Surg M7- Full-time, day/nights, 36hrs/wk, 12-hr shifts 7a-7:30p/7p-7:30a, every third weekends and holidays required as needed.
*$7.5k-10k sign on bonus for applicants not affiliated with Steward*
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- 100% employer paid defined benefit retirement plan
- Lowest cost health insurance, high quality BCBS
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
Provides nursing care that has as its ultimate concern supporting the total person and promoting adaptation of the individual. This is accomplished by counseling, teaching, direct care, and collaboration/consultation with other health care professionals. The Staff Nurse meets patient needs in accordance with the Nursing Division's philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Associates Degree in nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Meets performance criteria of Staff Nurse.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to administer medications and treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
- Possess basic computer knowledge.
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care of patients through:
- Assessing and reassessing patients and families.
- Planning the process of nursing care.
- Implementing and/or directing delivery of nursing care.
- Evaluating care delivered.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within professional standards.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within legal standards.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within ethical standards.
- Provides patient teaching to patient and/or family.
- Orients all level of Nursing division personnel, and nursing students.
- Participates in unit-based educational programs.
- Takes responsibility for own learning.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Supports and collaborates in the Medical Center Performance Improvement plan through unit quality improvement/quality control activities.
- Utilizes current research in area of clinical practice.
- Complies with patient safety goals as set forth by the Medical Center.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.