Staff Nurse RN, 32h/week, Days, Dana Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Staff Nurse RN, 32 hours / week, day shifts at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center. No weekends or holidays required.
Responsibilities include providing direct patient care to individuals receiving therapy (chemotherapy / immunotherapy / biotherapy) for oncologic and hematologic disorders, triage of patient/family phone calls, assessment and management of changes in patient status during infusion and/or exam visits, and patient/family education.
This individual is a member of an interdisciplinary care team and requires effective communication and collaboration with co-workers and staff, as well as supporting initiatives of the institute.
Demonstration of systems thinking, response to diversity, collaboration, clinical judgement and inquiry, invluding advocacy for patients and staff, are key components of this role.
The Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Licensed RN in the State of Massachusetts
- BSN and BLS required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of oncology experience as an RN
- Ambulatory Oncology experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary oncology nursing practice
- Strong communication skills
- Certification in Oncology Nursing, OCN or CPON is preferred and expected within 18 months of employment
Equal opportunity employe