Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 3/21/2022
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
***Staff RN OR Per Diem
Coordinates total nursing care for patients participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Documents initial and ongoing patient assessment in a complete, concise, and timely manner according to policy and procedure of MHMC.
- Develops and modifies and effective, comprehensive, and individualized plan of care including discharge planning for assigned patients, utilizing standards of care developed by MHMC.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, i.e.: infant pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Initiates and coordinates patient teaching according to identified needs.
- Integrates, delegates, and coordinates patient care using interdisciplinary approach.
- Delegates responsibilities for care, when applicable, and makes assignments according to skills of caregiver.
- Evaluates patient responses to interventions according to established policy and procedure of MHMC.
- Demonstrates an ability to plan and supervise other patient caregivers in providing patient care on unit while functioning as a professional role model.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment in times of need and emergency situations and evaluates the results of actions taken.
- Administers medication and perform treatments, utilizing principles of aseptic technique to assigned patient according to the established policy and procedure of MHMC.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one year of RN experience.
- MA RN License
- BLS Certification
Additional certification required where applicable:
- Emergency Department-PALS and ACLS
- Operating Room - ACLS
- PACU-ACLS, PALS
- Interventional-PALS and ACLS
- MORCAP- Certification for Addiction Nursing preferred
- Meditech experience preferred.