Staff RN, Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
The Staff Nurse is an individual who holds ultimate responsibility for direct and indirect nursing care through the utilization of the nursing process. The Staff Nurse provides individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and practices within the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act and the Standards, Policies and Procedures of Carney Hospital. He/she reports to the Clinical Manager or designee.
Union Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assess and diagnoses patient and family problems in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Completes patient assessment data within 8 hours of admission or in accordance with specific unit standard.
- Identifies and documents nursing diagnosis/problem list on patient plan of care within 8 hours of admission.
- Identifies and documents patient/family/significant other teaching needs upon admission. (including barriers/strategies/outcomes)
- Identifies discharge planning needs of patient/family/significant other at time of admission.
- Develops discusses and communicates a realistic problem list (plan of care) for each patient, in collaboration with each patient/family/significant other in order to address all identified needs/or in accordance with specific unit standards.
- Develops patient/family/significant other teaching and discharge plans that are driven by the needs of patient/family.
- Identifies patients at risk for falls and implements fall prevention program as appropriate
- Delivers culturally competent care being sensitive to issues related to culture, race, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic class
- Provides emotional support to the patient/family
- Considers patient’s spiritual needs and appropriately consults Spiritual Care Services
- Effectively teaches the patient/family about the disease, disease process, procedures, medications, food drug interactions, activity progression and when to call M.D.
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge and skills
- Current registration in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current BLS certification issued through either the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic