Staff RN - PulmonaryÂ - 24 hrs/week (Days/Nights) |12-Hour Shifts | Every 3rd Weekend
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Staff RN - Pulmonary - 24 hrs/week (Days/Nights) | BLS Required | 12-Hour Shifts | Required Shifts Every 3rd Weekend
At Steward Health Care, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- Position Function:
- Provides nursing care that has as its ultimate concern supporting the total person and promoting adaptation of the individual. This is accomplished by counseling, teaching, direct care, and collaboration/consultation with other health care professionals. The Staff Nurse meets patient needs in accordance with the Nursing Division's philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care of patients through:
- Assessing and reassessing patients and families.
- Planning the process of nursing care.
- Implementing and/or directing delivery of nursing care.
- Evaluating care delivered.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within professional standards.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within legal standards.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within ethical standards.
- Provides patient teaching to patient and/or family.
- Orients all level of Nursing division personnel, and nursing students.
- Participates in unit-based educational programs.
- Takes responsibility for own learning.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Supports and collaborates in the Medical Center Performance Improvement plan through unit quality improvement/quality control activities.
- Utilizes current research in area of clinical practice.
- Complies with patient safety goals as set forth by the Medical Center.
- Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
- Participates in professional activities.
- Performs other related duties as directed by Patient Care Director.
- Reporting Requirements:
- Reports all changes in patient status to appropriate interdisciplinary team member either verbally or in writing.
- Reports immediately to Patient Care Director and/or designee any deviation of normal operations.
- Reports immediately to Patient Care Director and/or designee situations that require attention.
- Reports all incidents and breaches in quality care to the Patient Care Director and/or designee.
- Shall be accountable for nursing care provided.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient data and information.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Shall be accountable for participating in unit-based quality improvement activities.
- Minimum Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
- Minimum Experience:
- Six months clinical experience required.
- Minimum skills/abilities:
- Meets performance criteria of Staff Nurse.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to administer medications and treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
- Possess basic computer knowledge.
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS Required
- Minimum Education:
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 113864