New Graduate Nurse Resident Program
New Graduate Nurse Resident
· Transition from entry level (novice nurse) to competent professional nurse
· Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgement and performance
· Develop strategies to incorporate research-based and evidenced-based practice
· Formulate a career plan to promote a commitment to nursing
All of this must be submitted and postmarked by October 1, 2020
Mail : Morton Hospital
New Nurse Residency ATTN Jennifer Robbins
88 Washington St Taunton, MA 02780
· Peer support letter from a peer in a leadership role
· Two nursing support letter (current healthcare manager (if applicable) and nursing instructor)
· Letter of intent – see below
· Nursing school transcripts (unofficial)
· Weekly learning sessions with 100% attendance
· Potential classes during 6 month residency: ACLS, Behavioral Health, Stroke, Sepsis, etc.
· Evidenced based group project
· Weekly check-in sessions with Nursing Education and Preceptors/Mentors
· Online didactic courses
· BSN Preferred NCLEX completed by October 12, 2020
Letter of Intent – Guidelines
· A brief description about yourself
· Why are you interested in the New Graduate Program at Morton?
· Why did you become a nurse?
· Describe any hands-on experience you might have that will make a difference to your patients
· What is your 5 year plan and how does Morton Hospital fit into that plan?
· What are some of the qualities that you possess that make you a good candidate?