Melbourne Regional Medical Center is a comprehensive health care provider in Brevard County, Florida—the Space Coast.
As Melbourne Regional Medical Center continues its focus on providing the highest quality of patient care to the Space Coast community, it has earned numerous awards, recognitions, and certifications from a variety of standards bodies, commissions, and other highly regarded organizations. These accolades are validations that our commitment to quality, comprehensive and accessible care is second to none.
Opened in 2002, Melbourne Regional Medical Center is unique, inside and out. All 119 private rooms are designed for patient comfort and satisfaction. Melbourne Regional Medical Center is currently undergoing an Operating Room expansion in which we excited to better serve the community.
Melbourne Regional Medical Center Recognitions
- Joint Commission accredited hospital
- Certified by the American College of Radiology (Mammography)
- Joint Commission accredited in Lab
Assembles and wraps surgical instruments and linens for surgical services. Picks supplies and instruments for all scheduled and emergency surgical cases. Operates steam and sterilizers and participates in sterilization quality assurance. Rotates on weekend call and responds to on call immediately, arriving at hospital in 30 minutes or less.
List any license, certification or education required for this job (e.g. driver's license, RN License, HHA Certification, Master's Degree, etc.)
List any license, certification or education preferred for this job (e.g. driver's license, RN License, HHA Certification, Master's Degree, etc.)
- Education 1: High School Graduate/Equivalent
Specialized Skills (Required):
List the minimum specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job (e.g., homecare exp., med/surg exp., basic accounting principles/practices, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.)
- Basic medical terminology
Specialized Skills (Preferred):
List any preferred knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job.
- Knowledge of medical/surgical equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of operating room practices and instruments.
- Knowledge of orthopedic equipment and instruments.
- Basic principles of microbiology
- Knowledge of the principles of steam, sterrad sterilization.
- Flexible shifts
- Competitive salary
- Excellent differentials
- National certification and higher education pay
- Outstanding culture and employee satisfaction scores
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Sick, vacation and holiday time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.