Sterile Processing Tech - Per Diem, As Needed
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Sterile Processing Tech needed for busy Sterile Processing Department.
• Decontamination, packaging, sterilization and distribution of medical and surgical supplies.
• Adheres to department dress according to the Sterile Processing procedure manual.
• Operates all sterile equipment according to posted procedures.
• Knows all parameters of team and E.T.O. sterilization-aeration, chemical indicators and biological indicators.
• Participates in department in service programs as evidenced in department in-service records.
• Follows body substance isolations in accordance with infection control manual.
• Performs work of equal skill, effort and responsibility as directed.
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Certified Sterile Processing technician required within 9 months of the employee's start date.
• At least 1 year of sterile processing experience is required.
Important COVID Message:
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.