Sterile Processing Tech - Sterile Processing - Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Sterile Processing Tech needed for busy Sterile Processing Department.
Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Shift: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Decontamination, packaging, sterilization and distribution of medical and surgical supplies.
• Adheres to department dress according to the Sterile Processing procedure manual.
• Operates all sterile equipment according to posted procedures.
• Knows all parameters of team and E.T.O. sterilization-aeration, chemical indicators and biological indicators.
• Participates in department in service programs as evidenced in department in-service records.
• Follows body substance isolations in accordance with infection control manual.
• Performs work of equal skill, effort and responsibility as directed.
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Certified Sterile Processing technician required within 9 months of the employee's start date.
• At least 1 year of sterile processing experience is required.