Stock Clerk - Hawthorn Medical Center
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
TITLE: Stock Clerk
POSITION SUMMARY: Monitors pre-established par levels of storeroom inventory. Requisitions/orders supplies for various departments as needed. Maintains computerized department inventories as requested. Delivers supplies and equipment to various departments.
- Supply Management:
- Monitors pre-determined main inventory stock levels daily
- Requisitions storeroom supplies according to min/max reorder points
- Rotates stock by date indicated on product packaging and issues oldest items first
- Reviews, verifies and processes storeroom requisitions from various departments
- Assists in the distribution of all supplies and equipment received and from the storeroom inventory
- Monitor distribution vendor reports and works with vendor to resolve issues and ensures supplies are received and/or substituted in a timely manner
- Change orders/returns:
- Prepares supplies and equipment for return
- Obtains authorization from vendors for the return of merchandise as required
- Supply and equipment distribution:
- Prioritizes and delivers supplies/equipment to user departments and obtains signature acknowledgement receipt
- Inventory System:
- Maintains computerized storeroom and department inventory system
- Makes changes to inventory stock dictionaries and department par levels as directed
- Assists staff with computer and handheld issues
- Inventory Count:
- Participate in periodic physical storeroom inventory count
- Assists in cross referencing of count data
- Updates computerized inventory system with count data
- Housekeeping duties on loading dock and storeroom:
- Sweeps dock and storeroom areas, as needed
- Stacks wooden pallets on dock
- Clears storeroom of cardboard and load into Baylor machine
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Capable of working in a team atmosphere
- Good customer service skills when interacting with co-workers, vendors, patients or visitors
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of receiving/shipping and distribution functions
- Meditech software knowledge desirable
- Work in a team atmosphere
- Customer service skill when interacting with co-workers, vendors, patients or visitors
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Education: High School or equivalent
- Experience: 0-6 months warehouse experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: Meditech Materials Management software
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.