Student Nursing Assistant
Student Nursing Assistant- float pool-per diem
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
The Nursing Assistant performs basic patient care activities as delegated by the registered Nurse, which assist the nursing staff in providing for quality patient care.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must be within the last year of nursing school for a RN license.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
- Nursing Assistant Certification preferred.
- BLS required.
- Performs all patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Functions in the role of assistant to the nursing staff or to the Registered Nurse.
- Performs non-nursing functions which impact and contribute to the quality of patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Provides and maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the patient:
- Assists patients getting in and out of bed.
- Orients patient to call l light and side rails, maintains accessibility and answers call light in a timely fashion.
- Stays with restless patients.
- Makes and instructs in the use of cough pillows.
- Assists in the collection of medical data, vital signs.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with specific components of admission, transfer, and discharge of patients:
- Preparation of the unit.
- Transferring patient to bed.
- Assembling patients' belongings.
- Accompanying patients as directed.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with ADLs:
- Partial bed baths, assistance with shower and sit baths, as appropriate for patient.
- Fills water pitchers serves nourishments.
- Records intake and output.
- Assists with collection of specimens.
- Documents vital signs, I&O on appropriate forms.
- Disposes of trash and linen on an ongoing basis.
- May be required to float, within competencies, to other units, as needed.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with infectious diseases policy and procedures:
- Appropriately cares for patients on precautions.
- Uses protective measures as deemed appropriate.
- Separates infectious materials and disposes of them appropriately.
- Complies with Patient Safety goals as set forth by the medical center.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.