Student Respiratory Therapy PDM
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the position:
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Director and Department Supervisor, the Respiratory Care Practitioner and Respiratory Care Student will clean and sterilize reusable equipment, assist with maintaining adequate supply inventory and maintain adequate levels of supplies in all storage areas. Provide Respiratory Care services in accordance with physician orders, department policy and procedures. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range Neonate to Geriatric. Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate and enrolled in AMA Approved Respiratory Therapy Program or Certified eligible.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
- NBRC Credentials
- Letter of Good Standing from the Approved RT program.
- Hospital Orientation upon new hire
- Department orientation training
- Fire Safety Training
- Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 123044