Supervisor Admitting Full Time Days and Evenings
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
***Supervisor Admitting 40hrs/Days & Evenings
Supplies direct supervision of the Patient Registration Department. Assists Director in departmental operations in regards to staffing ratios, interdepartmental coordination, patient flow and staff management. Primary responsibility is to direct and support the registration needs of the department.
· Interviews applicants and recommends the hiring of new employees in conjunction with the Director, as required.
· Assists in the orientation and skill development of new staff members, as required.
· Responsible for the scheduling and assignment of duties providing adequate staffing for the department as well as minimizing overtime.
· Responds to staffing gaps in registration areas by filling in when necessary.
· Demonstrates good managerial judgment by conducting all aspects of supervision in a fair, firm, consistent and objective manner.
· Confers with Director on any disciplinary situations; keeps good documentation on all aspects of attendance, coaching sessions and disciplinary meetings.
· Consistently counsels staff members if indicated.
· Demonstrates an active and positive role in evaluating staff performance utilizes evaluations as an effective management tool; completes evaluations in a timely manner; and understands that evaluations form an objective basis for counseling staff to higher levels of performance.
· Prepares yearly tutorials for staff and schedules staff for mandatory in-services
· Is available to answer staff questions regarding registration issues.
· Regularly reviews registration errors.
· Encourages staff to complete all registrations accurately and timely.
· Meets with staff as needed.
· Determines the equipment needs of the department.
· Sees to the maintenance and repair of equipment.
· Ensures that all equipment is functioning and workflow is maintained properly.
· Responsible for testing and training of all Meditech upgrades and any new software education.
· Acts as trainer for registration staff that report to other departments.
· Keeps these departments updated on any new regulatory or Meditech changes.
· Acts as liaison between the Registration Department and both internal and external customers.
· Resolves any customer service issue.
· Responsible for retrieving collected co-payments as per department policy; reconciling and reporting deposit to cashier.
· Responsible for maintaining log of the number of collected co-payments to the number of co-payments that could have potentially been collected.
· Running reports to obtain this information as needed. Updating spreadsheet.
· Schedules Department monthly meetings.
· Assigns coverage while meeting is going on.
· Prepares and distributes minutes. CORE VALUES Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence
· Prepares payroll sheets weekly.
· Keeps attendance records.
· Collects data by reviewing hospital records for the department’s Performance Improvement indicator and presents data at quarterly meeting.
· Responsible for keeping supplies at adequate levels keeping in mind budget levels while not sacrificing performance.
· Attends meetings in the organization as requested.
· Participates in the Admissions Quest Team and Bed Availability meetings.
· Keeps abreast of new and inventive ideas that may help the department to achieve its goals by becoming an active participant in MAHAM
· Keeps staff prepared for any JCAHO visit or disaster drill.
· Assists Director obtaining information needed to complete budget process.
· Assists the Central Scheduling Department as needed
· Performs other duties when needed.
Management of Time and Resources:
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.