Supervisor, Call Center
Education: Bachelor’s degree required with 3+ years in a health care or related industry with management responsibility and experience preferred
Experience: Experience managing and developing call centers and call center protocols
Software/Hardware: Athena and Meditech experience preferredOther: Proven past leadership/supervisory role in a healthcare setting Overall management of Primary Care Call Center and provide SMG patients with world-class service
- Oversee Call Center agents and provide periodic evaluation of agents’ performance
- Ability to train Call Center agents on all Call Center protocols, processes, and equipment
- Assist in promoting employee development by identifying additional employee training needs and establishing initiatives to meet departmental and organizational goals
- Act as subject-matter expert and “go to” person regarding systems, policies and work flows for Primary Care Call Center
- Evaluate Call Center volume and maintains adequate staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing, screening and selecting applicants to meet staffing needs
- Maintains Call Center agents’ schedules; ensuring appropriate coverage at all times, including having emergency protocols established in case of phone system failure and or other unexpected event
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge repository of SMG Best Practices for Call Center agent use
- Gather data, identify, and track quality of services provided by Call Center
- Perform data analysis and develop summaries and/or recommendations on Call Center protocols for the service team regarding forecasting, volume and staff scheduling
- Monitor and reassign staff duties as necessary based on inbound call volumes and other work load volumes
- Maintains a positive work environment and structure that supports self-directed teams and optimized the experience, skills, knowledge and capability of the team
- Promotes communication, recognizes and rewards positive team dynamics, and practices effective employee relations
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions including employment, termination, performance reviews and disciplinary action
- Act professionally and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times
- Interact with Practices communicating and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience supervising and developing call centers and call center protocols
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, diagnosis, procedure coding, insurance products, and coordination of benefits
- Ability to report on call trends and other metrics to others at various levels of the organization
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, in order to bring issues effectively to a resolution
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients
- Prior experience with Athena preferred
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Organizational, time management skills
- Ability to think globally about the patient experience
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. Creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to relate positively with patients
- Strong analytical skills
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.