Supervisor Environmental Services-Nights
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is a community health care provider serving patients in Howard County. An acute care hospital with 146 licensed beds, Scenic Mountain is Joint Commission accredited. Our specialized services include cardiology, orthopedics, maternity, diagnostic imaging, emergency care with a 24/7 level IV Trauma Center, wound care, and women's health and breast care services.
About the Shift:
40hrs; 8:30am-5:00pm, 3:00pm-11:pm
About the Position:
|This position is structured to support the housekeeping and linen needs for every department associated with SMMC. This position is responsible for supervising all housekeeping staff and making sure all housekeeping and linen needs are being fulfilled for all patients, nurses, Doctors, and staff.|
1. Provides responsibility for Housekeeping and Linen activities.
2. Communication between co-workers through the use of two way radios.
3. Effectively complete the high demands from Nurses, Doctors, Directors and co-workers.
4. Capable of working different shifts.
5. Willing to flex their routine work schedule during high and low census.
6. Clean but not limited to: floors, walls, ceilings, vents, televisions, lights, windows, blinds, toilets, sinks, showers, chairs, tables, move equipment, beds, mattresses, mirrors, sharps containers, nurses stations, behind computers, trash cans, clean and dirty linen areas, storages rooms, medication rooms, vacuum rugs, vacuum carpet in every carpeted area, all public restrooms, all public lobbies and waiting rooms.
7. Attend every staff meeting unless given verbal notification to the Director.
8. Correct unsatisfactory areas noted on all Housekeeping Audits.
9. Attend all Skills fair and required orientation.
10. Take one maximum 30 minute break during every 8 hour shift. Two 15 minutes breaks are allowed
11. Count, file, and order linen twice a week from TLC.
12. Stock and order all needed supplies for housekeeping weekly.
13. Understands and follows process for handling and disposal of Hazardous waste.
14. Trains all new staff members on housekeeping duties.
15. Promotes inventory control of housekeeping supplies and linen.
16. Assigns duties to housekeeping staff.
17. Schedules all housekeeping shifts.
18. Approves all invoices for housekeeping supplies and linen services.
19. Reviews and approves time sheets for all housekeeping staff and maintains up-to –date miss punch reports.
High School Diploma or GED
Three years cleaning experience (healthcare preferred) and one year of supervisory experience preferred. Excellent Interpersonal relationship, oral/written communications, team building and customer service skills. Ability to not only supervise but also to motivate assigned personnel to achieve the desired goals of CPR’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.