Supervisor, IS Help Desk
The IS Help Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of the Information Systems Help Desk for Steward Health Care. The Supervisor will be responsible for scheduling, directing the activities of the Help Desk staff, reviewing and evaluating their work. They will be responsible for providing end users with highest level customer support. The Supervisor will be required to work independently with minimum direction from leadership. The Supervisor will be responsible for reporting to leadership information that is necessary to ensure the technical goals and objectives of the IS Department are met. This individual will also assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
Responsibilities also include the technical support of the applications that are required for the operation of the Steward Health Care Information Services Help Desk.
- Under direction of the IS Help Desk Manager assist in managing a team of technical staff providing telephone support for Steward Health Care and its affiliated remote locations.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients.
- Handles day to day staff management including time reporting, staff oversight, and job assignments.
- Supervise all aspects of direct reports including weekend/holiday coverage, daily work schedule and On-Call coverage.
- Identify and develop best practice opportunities, developing standardization for efficiency and cost savings.
- Assists Manager with performance reviews and disciplinary action (if needed, career counseling and technical direction for Technician staff.)
- Works with Human Resources to validate policies and seek guidance on issues.
- Prioritize and escalate problems within given guidelines.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- In conjunction with the Manager, work on the Production Readiness process to ensure that all projects are “Production Ready” prior to the project implementation date.
- Monitor the change management calendar, as well as enforce the change management processes in place which minimizes the potential for system disruption during business hours.
- Work with the Manager to on-board new hospital acquisitions.
- Develop reporting metrics and status reports to share with business leaders to better address support and problem resolution.
- Provide technical support for the applications required to support the Help Desk operations
- Create and view trend analysis reports in order optimize performance or implement process improves that will lead to improved stability and availability
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Provide regular on-call duties as scheduled.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department. Occasional after hours and weekend work to cover shifts.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the Help Desk.
- Understand and enforce all departmental and enterprise standards, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the enterprise, including its objectives, design, strategies, departmental initiatives, staffing and the roles of key players in the organization.
- Participate In the development and implementation of policies and procedures to improve process and workflow for the Help Desk Analysts.
- Travel to other sites as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work requirements and escalate problems.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and lead and motivate others under pressure
- Able to lead small projects.
- Capacity to advise and provide direction to junior staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment.
- Capable of relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats.
- Able to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity, communicating effectively with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Education: 2-4 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 3 years’ experience in a customer services focused environments, 2 years management experience preferred
- Certification/Licensure: Industry standard certification preferred
- Expert knowledge of Help Desk ticketing software
- General knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Win7, Win10)
- General knowledge of Office, Office 365, IE, Safari, ActiveSync, MS Project, Visio, Sharepoint
- Knowledge of basic data communications networking equipment, including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN internetworking protocols
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.