Supervisor, Lab Technicians
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
- Supervises MT/MLT staff in the Core Lab and will be responsible for hiring, discipline and performance appraisals and related HR activities/actions.
- provides daily work direction to technical laboratory staff and support service staff. The position also assumes responsibility for monitoring lab policies and procedures in adherence to CAP and AABB Standards.
- Monitors Quality Control Measures for test procedures; reviews and documents results; implements corrective action(s) when tolerance limits are exceeded. Resolves day to day operational problems related to system, personnel and equipment performance.
- Prepares work schedule, assigns and prioritizes work to staff, ensuring adequate coverage at all times; prioritizes work when equipment fails and short staffing occurs; may perform duties of subordinate employees during equipment failure and/or shortage of staffing and/or on an as needed basis.
- Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
- Advises and orients staff on policies and procedures as well as quality control measures for test procedures.
- Ensures compliance with standards and regulations of accrediting and government agencies.
- Ensures all laboratory personnel maintain accredited licensing and certification and submits the confirmation of licensure for the employees' departmental file.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills.
- Performs other related duties.
- Graduate from an accredited medical technology program. (B.S. Degree)
- Must be willing to maintain competence through continuing education.
- Experience (Type & Length):
- Five years full time work in related experience in a hospital or clinic laboratory Required. Five to ten years work related and supervisory experience preferred.
Must have American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or National Certification Agency (NCA) as a Medical Technologist