Supervisor Laboratory - Blood Bank - Full - Time Days
Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on clinical specimens (blood, urine, other body fluids, tissue). Works only in Blood Bank and other laboratory sections consistent with the State licensure. Trains new staff and students. Maintains adequate levels of supplies to ensure continuity of laboratory operations. Work customarily involves any testing which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise. Coordinates with the Blood Center to optimize blood/blood product inventories and prepares for internal and external disasters. Assists the Manager and Laboratory Director in the management and supervision of the Blood Bank section of the Laboratory specifically and other laboratory sections as requested through planning, coordinating, implementing, evaluating and improving the quality of patient care delivered. Maintains confidentiality when requested to do so. Coordinates and supervises technical activities of the Blood Bank and other areas managed. Monitors performance quality as required by licensing, accrediting and regulatory agencies. Assists in the daily planning and organization of work activities to achieve maximum efficiency. Maintains teamwork and communication with the physicians, nursing staff, laboratory staff and administration by providing internal and external customer satisfaction and appropriate resource management.
- Current Florida licensure as Clinical Laboratory Supervisor in assigned areas
- Bachelor of Science with a major in medical technology, chemical, physical or biological science and a minimum of 12 months training in clinical laboratory of an accredited hospital
- Minimum four (4) years experience as a technologist with demonstrated managerial leadership responsibility and organizational ability
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".