Supervisor, OR Supply-Materials Management-40 Hrs/Week-Flexible Day Shifts-Weekends As Needed
I. Position Function:
- This position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Operating Room supply team in order to meet customer needs and to provide the highest level of customer service.
II. Job Relationships:
- Supervises Inventory Control Clerks/Leads and Materials Aide(s).
- Works with Purchasing, Central Supply Room, Central Processing Department, Clinical areas and Accounts Payable to resolve operational issues.
- Reports to Director of Materials Management.
- Collaborates with customer service representative at JIT vendor to ensure timely availability of product.
- Collaborates with Surgical Director, OR Nurse Educator, Surgeons, Nursing Staff, Purchasing and Fiscal to provide quality, cost-efficient products.
- Has the authority to hire staff, evaluate, and assign daily tasks for re-stocking and delivery of supplies and equipment to internal departments.
- Has the authority to deal with staffing and personnel issues (evaluations, discipline, hiring, training and related functions) in conjunction with the Director of Materials Management.
- Has the authority to adjust JIT orders and collaborate with JIT vendor representative to resolve supply issues.
- Has the authority to order all stock and stockless supplies, adjust product PAR levels for OR and give credits to units.
- Has the authority to initiate emergency action to ensure the availability of vital supplies in consultation with Director of Materials Management.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Supervises Inventory Control Clerks/Leads and Materials Aide(s), including hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary issues, training and scheduling.
- Acts as inventory controller for CSEMC emergency supply reserve in STAT Room.
- Schedules physical inventories as required by Fiscal Division for the OR and CSR.
- Coordinates and prioritizes tasks and available department resources in order to meet customer needs and ensure the efficient delivery and restocking of supplies on par level areas.
- Oversees data input and maintenance for OR Materials Control Systems
- Conducts analysis of fiscal data such as cost per procedure, patient charges and product cost comparisons.
- Monitors Just-in-time orders, enters daily adjustments and follows up on back orders to ensure customer needs are met.
- Makes arrangements with vendors to arrange for the provision of essential supplies (especially those in our various stockless programs) in urgent situations.
- Coordinates the daily staffing assignments.
- Provides a high level of customer service by ensuring Distribution staff assist customers and respond to telephone requests/problems in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ensure all internal requests for supplies are input into Materials Management inventory computer system.
- Investigates and makes recommendations on ways to improve supply PAR level system.
- Investigates supply discrepancies problems. Arranges for appropriate substitution of products when regular goods are not available. Communicates to customers.
- Ensures excess floor stock is returned to original vendor for credits.
- Monitors employee responses to pager calls to ensure high level of customer service is being provided.
- Represents the department on hospital committees as assigned (these include Safety, Code 99 and others as assigned).
- Notifies customers of supply availability issues, when appropriate.
- Communicates with second shift employees to bridge any communications gap between shifts.
- Completes all Bill Only requisitions in a timely manner and understands all Bill Only requisitions need to be completed by the end of the month.
- Covers pager and on-call duties, as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
V. Reporting Requirements:
- Reports any unresolved shipment discrepancies and on-going supply issues to the Director of Materials Management.
- Notifies the Director of Materials Management of any unresolved customer issues, any departmental disciplinary issues or violations of medical center or department policies and procedures.
- Provides reports, statistics or status updates to Director of Materials Management as requested.
- Reports monthly to Value Analysis Team on cost savings and product trails.
- Reports weekly to CPD staff on pertinent CPD/OR issues and Hospitals events.
- Reports quarterly on department strategic goals and objectives
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all medical center-related, employee-related and patient-related data and information.
- Accountable for using CSEMC and department resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Accountable for abiding by all medical center and department policies and procedures.
- High School education
- 5 years of distribution and stocking/inventorying.
- Inventory control and lead/supervisor experience in Materials Management
- Preferred – two years of OR/Hospital Materials Management Experience
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer experience are essential.
- Ability to prioritize different tasks appropriately
- Leadership Skills
- Preferred - CMRP certification (not required)
- Strong people skills needed to develop cohesive multidisciplinary teams that will problem-solve and improve performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled