- Assists with recruiting, interviewing, and selecting staff to fill staffing resource requirements
- Participates in developing and overseeing orientation, initial training programs, and ongoing education for staff in assigned areas. Ensures all training manuals and training curricula are up to date and readily accessible
- Works with Director to establish and manage staff scheduling (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Manages communications to internal and external (e.g., clinical areas, physician offices) customers to ensure alignment and customer satisfaction related to patient access objectives, operating procedures and supporting tools / technologies
- Manages and oversees departmental adherence to established protocols established by Hospital / Corporate Compliance department
- In collaboration with Director, establishes and meets department goals for productivity, quality, customer service, collections and solutions.
- Creates regular reports as requested by Director to monitor progress on established goals, report key variances, and identify ways to drive achievement of goals
- Participates in annual performance plans, following established HR protocols, based on deviation from established departmental and individual performance expectations / objectives
- Monitors and updates department policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to increase operational efficiency and/or effectiveness and establishes approach for addressing same to improve departmental operating procedures ,work flows, supporting tools, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.