Location: Carney Hospital
Posted Date: 8/16/2022
Union Position: No
Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Supervises all aspects of the Patient Access Registration operations, including: pre-registration, registration (ED, Central, and Decentralized areas), greeter / discharge, bed placement, and patient access switchboard. Establishes goals, priorities and performance standards in conjunction with Patient Access Director. Monitors and measures operational metrics, including quality, productivity, customer service, collections, and insurance solutions/
- Assists with recruiting, interviewing, and selecting staff to fill staffing resource requirements
- Participates in developing and overseeing orientation, initial training programs, and ongoing education for staff in assigned areas. Ensures all training manuals and training curricula are up to date and readily accessible
- Works with Director to establish and manage staff scheduling (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Manages communications to internal and external (e.g., clinical areas, physician offices) customers to ensure alignment and customer satisfaction related to patient access objectives, operating procedures and supporting tools / technologies
- Manages and oversees departmental adherence to established protocols established by Hospital / Corporate Compliance department
- In collaboration with Director, establishes and meets department goals for productivity, quality, customer service, collections and solutions.
- Creates regular reports as requested by Director to monitor progress on established goals, report key variances, and identify ways to drive achievement of goals
- Participates in annual performance plans, following established HR protocols, based on deviation from established departmental and individual performance expectations / objectives
- Monitors and updates department policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to increase operational efficiency and/or effectiveness and establishes approach for addressing same to improve departmental operating procedures ,work flows, supporting tools, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Exhibited leadership and team-building skills
- Proven expertise with patient access tools, systems, and technologies
- Proven customer service and effective communications skills.
- Proven expertise in collection processes and securing solutions for uninsured patients
- Proven knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Exhibited ability to work as part of a team
- Previous Health Care and/or Insurance experience required.
- Education: Associate’s degree required or equivalent experience in Patient Access role.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years experience in a hospital/clinic/physician office or related field. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office and Hospital MIS systems (e.g., Meditech)